> From: Gavin Smith <[email protected]> > Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 19:11:38 +0100 > Cc: [email protected], [email protected] > > On Sun, Oct 04, 2026 at 06:49:06PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > By trial-and-error I discovered that the Texinfo manual only discusses > > "invalid characters" and their escaping in relation to node names. > > But in fact, the reference (a.k.a. "label") part of a cross-reference > > or menu item can also be quoted if it uses "invalid characters"; this > > is not covered in the manual, except in the technical chapter that > > describes the Info format in a formal manner. > > > > I think this should be covered in "Cross Reference Parts". > > OK, I'll look at it. > > > > Btw, I understand that a comma is also a character that must be > > quoted, but it isn't clear to me how can one use a comma in a node > > name or in the label of a cross reference in a Texinfo source file, > > since a comma delimits arguments of @xref and other cross-referencing > > commands. Am I missing something? > > With @comma{}. @asis{,} may work as well.
I suggest that this also be clearly documented.
