On Fri, Oct 09, 2026 at 11:43:51PM +0200, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> On 10/7/26 8:00 PM, Gavin Smith wrote:
> 
> Hello Gavin,
> 
> > I've attempted a fix for this particular manual in commit a6b8cc724e1a3b11f,
> > texinfo.tex version 2026-10-07.17.
> > 
> > First, I don't understand how this texinfo.tex is actually the one being
> > used.  I checked at https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo.tex and the
> > currently uploaded version is version "2026-06-01.16", which is from
> > before the date where you found the problem started (July 23rd).  I can
> > only guess that the Automake developers pulled in the version from the 
> > Texinfo
> > git repository to use.
> > As discussed in [1] automake will probably return to the officially
> released texinfo.tex. However in the latest commit, they just pulled in the
> \def\texinfoversion{2026-10-07.17}.
> 
> Anyway. Many thanks for your extensive explanation, it was helpful!
> 
> Hilmar
> 
> [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=82017

Were you able to check if the manual built with version 2026-10-07.17?  I know
you checked with the version on ftp.gnu.org but I am not sure if you checked
with my attempted fix.

It would be useful for us as if it builds correctly, it gives us more
confidence that we should upload the latest revision to ftp.gnu.org.





Reply via email to