On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:12:51AM +0100, Sebastien Marie wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded several hosts (i386 and amd64) and the stable ipv6 address
> generated using soii (Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers)
> changed... (which is relatively annoying as I mostly use ipv6 on my
> local network per default but there are double-stack hosts, so I was
> still able to connect to them).

It's rev 1.22 of slaacd/engine.c. I didn't have time for any intensive
staring at the code, yet. The address should not have changed. And I
though I checked that before ok'ing phessler's change. Sorry. Your
address will change once more :(

> As side note, I think the fact default ipv6 address changed from
> previous-SOII world (MAC based address) to with-SOII world (SOII based
> address) deserve an entry in current.html, in order to let people
> anticipates some connectivity issue if they use only ipv6 to connect to
> hosts.

That is true. There is a - rather cryptic - entry in current.html. I
wanted to improve on that on completely forgot about it.

        2018/02/10 - RFC 7217 style IPv6 addresses enabled by default

Let me first figure out why your IPs changed and then improve the
current.html entry.


> Thanks.
> -- 
> Sebastien Marie

I'm not entirely sure you are real.

Reply via email to