Regarding the patch, I see that it essentially kills whatever "bad"
characters you thought of. I suggest that the 'what is not explicitly
allowed is denied' approach and using eliminating all characters except a
certain list, perhaps an rfc-specified list or sane alteration of it.

jim

--
The Microsoft/Mindcraft/ZDNet benchmarks:
     a) prove Linux is faster than you will ever, ever need.