On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Dave Ahmad wrote:

> I suggest that everyone here who still uses telnet disable it immediately.

 . . or install the latest Recomended patch cluster, which you should have
done anyway.

> These may be fixes for this vulnerablity, however they apply to telnetd
> and this vulnerability has to be in login.

There are patches for /bin/login as well  On Solaris 8 it's 111085-02, dated
Dec 13 2001:

I haven't been able to reproduce this on a system with 111085-02 installed.

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/