Marco Ivaldi wrote:
It needs expect, and target ssh hostkey must be already added. I'd be very interested in knowing the results of tests performed on other distros and configurations.

Hi Marco,

nice to meet you :-). I tried to do this test over my 10 Mbps lan and this is the result:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/dev$ ./sshtime calipso users.txt

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       real 9.55
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       real 9.33 <- valid user with shell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 10.44
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 9.49
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 9.68
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 real 9.47
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   real 9.35
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 9.59 <- valid user with shell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       real 9.51 <- valid user with shell

Another test:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  real 9.37
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 9.90 <- valid user with shell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              real 10.66
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             real 9.41
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              real 9.30
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            real 10.30
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              real 9.47
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           real 10.21 <- valid user with shell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 10.98 <- valid user with shell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             real 7.14
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               real 7.20

"root", "operator" and "test" are valid users with a valid shell enabled. I made this test on Slackware 11.0 (fresh installation) with OpenSSH_4.4p1. I used the default sshd_config (see http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-current/source/n/openssh/ for more informations about the package). So, I don't received any timing leak in this session.

I'll try as possible other distributions and configurations. However, good work Marco :-).

Best Regards,

Gianluca Varisco