Dne 10.9.2016 v 18:29 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 14:21:33 -0500
> "Dustin C. Hatch" <dustin.ha...@firemon.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/29/2016 11:00 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> consolehelper should long be deprecated these days
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what is the preferred method for self-elevating
>> programs written in an interpreted language, then?
>
> PolicyKit.
>
> Looks like there was an attempt in ~f20 to replace all the old
> consolehelper/usermode packages with polkit, but I guess it didn't get
> done.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsermodeMigration

I tried to convert mock to use pkexec. Here it is:

https://github.com/xsuchy/mock-1/commit/4276ef488ac2d134504173d88a8a58fc0a232eaf

However I experienced several issues, which I am unable to resolve due the lack
of documentation around pkexec. Maybe
somebody will know:

* it seems that it works only in GUI. In plain VT (without display manager) I
get
polkit-agent-helper-1: error response to PolicyKit daemon:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: No
session for cookie
and followed by "Not authorized"

* in GUI I am able to proceed, but the code will stop at:
    https://github.com/xsuchy/mock-1/blob/devel/py/mock.py#L543
  because neither SUDO_UID nor USERHELPER_UID.
  Is there any way to recognize that I'm running inside of pkexec and that I'm
able to drop privileges?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA