* Position  : UX Design EngineerLocation : Houston, TXDuration :
6-12+Months*

*Must have 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas Upstream*

*Job Responsibilities :*You’ll work with a broad range of engineers and
scientists to help build fast, effective designs.
You’ll make paper and electronic prototypes to test your concepts and try
many ideas before settling into the right design. You’ll have access to
subject matter experts and end users, and access to our usability lab to
conduct testing.
We’re counting on you to be able to shift gears quickly and have a
pragmatic sense of design. Each project is generally a small tool, so we
need your expert judgment to advise our teams as to “good enough” versus
over-design.
Your great writing skills matter a lot. While most of the team is in
Houston, you’ll be working with team members in Argentina and India. Having
great documents and artifacts will be important for successful
communication.
You’ll make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the
problem. We’re looking for people with experience in scientific and
engineering domains, or some other area where you’ve tackled a tough domain.
We see success as collaborating with a team of non-designers. We’re looking
forward to your abilities to communicate verbally and visually so that we
can all understand the problems and solutions with you. Experience working
with modern desktop platforms like .NET/WPF is a plus and will make
communication with software developers easier.

*Technical Skills:*
User Research
Usability Testing
Electronic and Paper Prototyping