On Friday 17 August 2007 01:08, kylix wrote:
> Hi,all
>
>     I want to build a DHCP server on my embedded linux system.
> My busybox version is v1.3.
>     when udhcpd running, it will get the configure infomation from
> "udhcpd.conf", and then send the offer to client
> with IP, Gateway, DNS, Mask.
>     But My machine has two ethernet interface, It be
> configure as gateway. the first one run udhcpc, and
> the second run udhcpd.
>     udhcpd send the offer message include DNS address,
> this address in static, I want to get the DNS  option
> from "/etc/reslov.conf" , because this file is configued
> dynamic by udhcpc.
>     How will I do ?

Write a script which reads DNS address off /etc/resolv.conf and inserts
it into udhcpd configuration file. Then (re)start udhcpd.

Or just add updating of udhcpd.conf to you udhcpc script, along
with updatind of /etc/resolv.conf which you already have there.

>     I had try to modify the "busybox/networking/udhcp/serverpacket.c",
> but no success.  I add two function in it, and add a call in
> the line 174: addDnsOption( packet.options );

Hacking on C code for that is a wrong approach.
--
vda