Hi Vladimir,

Plese let us know what copyright and license terms should be
at the top of microcom.c

On Saturday 22 September 2007 16:03, Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> Still have 2 comments
>
> 1.
> The code
> -------------
> // %4d to make mgetty happy. It treats 4-bytes lock files as binary,
> // not text, PID. Making 5+ char file. Brrr...
> s = xasprintf("%4d\n", getpid());
> write(sfd, s, strlen(s));
> -------------
> will be producing exactly 4-byte file.
> Concurrent mgetty process will then get from this file a PID of wrong
> blocking process and may cause malfunction...

No. You miss '\n'. With '\n' there will be at least 5 chars.

(Needless to say that mgetty is doing a rather crazy thing.
Just imagine that you run it on the peculiar arch with CPU
capable of running in big and little-endian modes...)

> fcntl(sfd, F_SETFL, O_RDWR); // why? To clear O_NDELAY. It makes things
> easier if we use blocking IO...

Why we don't open without O_NDELAY?

Not that I am against it, I just feel there should be a comment
explaining why we open with O_NDELAY, and then clear it.
--
vda