Dear all, a quick question...

While trying to compile the latest busybox git version using clang
3.2-2+b1, I quickly discovered a nested function in the code...
apparently the only one. ;-) See below.

My question is... does anyone know how much bigger (approximately) the
code is without such a nested function?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers! :-)
Ben.

-       /* This is the only place in busybox where we use nested function.
-        * So far more standard alternatives were bigger. */
-       /* Auto decl suppresses "func without a prototype" warning: */
-       auto action* alloc_action(int sizeof_struct, action_fp f);
-       action* alloc_action(int sizeof_struct, action_fp f)
-       {
-               action *ap;
-               appp[cur_group] = xrealloc(appp[cur_group], (cur_action+2) *
sizeof(*appp));
-               appp[cur_group][cur_action++] = ap = xzalloc(sizeof_struct);
-               appp[cur_group][cur_action] = NULL;
-               ap->f = f;
-               IF_FEATURE_FIND_NOT( ap->invert = invert_flag; )
-               IF_FEATURE_FIND_NOT( invert_flag = 0; )
-               return ap;
-       }

--
Benjamin Lee                           mailto:benjamin....@realthought.net
Melbourne, Australia                            http://www.realthought.net

Open Source               "invest in your world"