On Tuesday 19 November 2013 13:08:34 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM, ChenQi <qi.c...@windriver.com> wrote:
> > I think the above solution proposed by Tito is better, because if we have
> > 'x' or '*' in /etc/passwd, and we don't have /etc/shadow, we're having an
> > invalid user account.
> > Tito, could you please send out the patch?
>
> Please try attached patch.

Hi,
looks good for consolidation of the other loginutils but for sulogin
it makes implementing the locked root account feature more difficult
and probably also detecting an invalid root account or corrupted passwd/shadow
files  so that in the worst case you could be locked out of your system.

Ciao,
Tito