Lauri Kasanen wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014, at 0:37, Ralf Friedl wrote:
Are you using some special compiler options, especially regarding
parameter passing in registers and stack alignment?
None, I'm afraid. CFLAGS etc are all unset. See later on for the gcc
defaults too.

Thanks for the research. I only speak x86 asm on a "yep, that's asm"
level.

The instruction at 12 loads the double from address %edi after %edi has
been set to point to the parameter area. The instruction at 0 in the
failed case is exactly the same, except that %edi has not been setup
before. So I would consider this a compiler bug.
Would it be possible for you to submit a gcc bug? I can try to do so
too, but it'll take a (long) while before I have time to build latest
gcc to test.
And if they ask what to do to reproduce the bug then I answer that I don't know. Besides I don't know whether 4.7.1 is still in development. They might ask whether an update to 4.7.3 or 4.8.2 solves the problem.