Laszlo Papp wrote:
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Ralf Friedl <ralf.fri...@online.de> wrote:
Laszlo Papp wrote:
is this possible? I am looking for something like "usermod -l" on desktop.

Alternatively, I have to look into the get/setpwent syscalls?
You can also use sed to change /etc/passwd

sed -i -e /s^olduser:/newuser:/ /etc/passwd
Yeah, plus I need to move (i.e. rename) the home folder and then I
think I am done. Thanks.
You should note that usermod doesn't do that anyway:
       -l, --login NEW_LOGIN
The name of the user will be changed from LOGIN to NEW_LOGIN. Nothing else is changed. In particular, the user's home directory or mail spool should probably be renamed manually to reflect the new login name.