On Thursday 05 February 2015 19:48:47 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Denys Vlasenko <vda.li...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Laszlo Papp <lp...@kde.org> wrote:
> >> I think it is bad idea to only allow this operation when long options
> >> are enabled. Long options and this functionality are two separate
> >> things in my book.
> >

> > "Standard" deluser has only long options.
> >
> > Incompatibility is not a good thing.
>
> Sure, but busybox has short option in other cases for such operation,
> so you need incompatibility somewhere anyway.
>
> In addition, the long option is not the problem. The problem is that
> the functionality is switched off by switching the long option off,
> rather than the actual functionality. Therefore, busybox does not
> remain as fine-tunable as possible. Which is why I said it was a bad
> idea in my opinion. I would like to be able to customize busybox to
> only include things what I want. Currently, if I do not want long
> options, but I do want this small feature, I have to get everything.
> This is against the minimal project principles.

Hi,
i would dare to suggest to use:

-r for --remove-home

and reserve

-R for --remove-all-files (if we ever implement it).

this would reduce incompatibility to a mininum.
I am aware that this is not Laslo's preferred
solution but for me looks better than mixing
long options and remove home functionality.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Ciao,
Tito