Hey Martin, thanks for your help!  I tried renaming the file as you
requested, but it is still not being called.  I did just submit a new
post regarding additional problems with ifup/down.  Perhaps something
in there can help with a resolution here - in short running an 'ifup
-v eth0' doesn't appear to ever get to looking inside the if-up.d
directory, only if-pre-up.d.

Thanks,
Dave