On 09/22/2016 05:08 PM, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> Be sure to note that this is for 1.25.0; 1.24.2 may be different.
> I got this by using "date -h", but whether or not usage syntax is
> enabled depends on how your Busybox was built/configured.
>
> I believe the TIME format section should answer your question (you need
> to include hours and minutes, so try 00:00), ditto with -d/--date.
>

> BusyBox v1.25.0 (2016-09-09 15:02:42 ICT) multi-call binary.
>
> Usage: date [OPTIONS] [+FMT] [TIME]
>
> Display time (using +FMT), or set time
>
>         [-s,--set] TIME Set time to TIME
>         -u,--utc        Work in UTC (don't convert to local time)
>         -R,--rfc-2822   Output RFC-2822 compliant date string
>         -I[SPEC]        Output ISO-8601 compliant date string
>                         SPEC='date' (default) for date only,
>                         'hours', 'minutes', or 'seconds' for date and
>                         time to the indicated precision
>         -r,--reference FILE     Display last modification time of FILE
>         -d,--date TIME  Display TIME, not 'now'
>         -D FMT          Use FMT for -d TIME conversion
>
> Recognized TIME formats:
>         hh:mm[:ss]
>         [YYYY.]MM.DD-hh:mm[:ss]
>         YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm[:ss]
>         [[[[[YY]YY]MM]DD]hh]mm[.ss]
>         'date TIME' form accepts MMDDhhmm[[YY]YY][.ss] instead

 thanks for your help. "date -h" doesn't work on mine, nor "man date" or
"date --help".  am i understanding you correctly that "-d" and "--date"
are supported
but if you don't give it the time format correctly it reports the error
erroneously by saying that the option itself is not supported when it
really is trying to report that the time format was invalid?

--
Information Technology Works
https://ITwrx.org