Matthias,

Thank you for those links, which I think will give me most of the
information I need to make good use of the VoCore. Just what I needed.

Thanks - Rowan

From: busybox [mailto:busybox-boun...@busybox.net] On Behalf Of Mattias
Schlenker
Sent: 11 October 2016 13:20
To: busybox@busybox.net
Subject: Re: PHP, Web Server

Am 11.10.2016 um 14:09 schrieb Rowan Sylvester-Bradley:

I'm afraid I know very little about BusyBox or Linux or Unix, so I am
starting from square zero. I have a very small microcomputer (a VoCore +
Dock) which is loaded with BusyBox. I'm not sure what the processor is -
probably ARM. If possible I would like to run PHP on this device, and to run
a web server. Are these things available? How do I add them to the system?
If PHP is not available, is there any other scripting language with similar
capability (if so I can potentially convert my PHP program into this new
language). How do I build an application written in C to run on this device
(this is an existing C program written by me and currently running under
Windows, which I will obviously need to modify to use the features available
in BusyBox rather than Windows).

VoCore uses a MIPS processor https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/vocore/vocore and
runs a distribution called "OpenWRT" http://www.openwrt.org/ , so please
head over to the OpenWRT Wiki to find more about howto run PHP on this
system: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/php The OpenWRT forum might also
be of help to you.

Yours,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
                             redakt...@mattiasschlenker.de

Address__ August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767              Fax: +49 341 30393578
Mobile: +49 163  6953657  Another mobile: +49 159 03160327

Fork me!____________________ https://github.com/mschlenker
Website.__________________ http://www.mattiasschlenker.de/
My books!___________ http://www.arduino-hausautomation.de/