Hi Denys,

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Johannes Schindelin
> <johannes.schinde...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Using the constant in a regular `if (...)` pretends that this is
> > anything but a compile time option. Let's use `#if JOBS` instead,
> > making it *much* clearer what `JOBS` actually is.
> >
> > Incidentally, this change fixes the build in setups where there are
> > no headers defining WIFSTOPPED and WSTOPSIG (where JOBS has to be
> > set to 0).
> >
> > This partially reverts 4700fb5be (ash: make dowait() a bit more
> > readable. Logic is unchanged, 2015-10-09).
>
> Some people (not me) have the completely opposite POV
> and used to ask me to remove excessive #ifs.
>
> It's difficult to find a middle ground here...

Sure.

But when something cannot build because of missing symbols, and there is
not even a compile time flag to fix it (even when the compile time flag
clearly switches on/off users of the symbols in question), I feel that
there is no need for middle ground.

If it fixes the build, it fixes the build.

The patches in this patch series fix the build here.

Ciao,
Johannes