On 7/31/20 9:51 PM, Sergey Ponomarev wrote:
Yes, it looks worse but you can see the resulting DOM tree instead (elements/inspector). TBH as a web developer I almost never looked into raw source and always watch the DOM tree.

Not that I care terribly about this, but personally the newlines add very little in size, but a whole lot in readability/grep-ability/script-ability.

The whole point of text formats generally are their readability without fancy tools such as web inspector, and process-ability with line-oriented tools such as sed/grep/head/tail/..., so removing the newlines is clearly a huge step backwards, for very little gain in size.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 19:29 Denys Vlasenko <vda.li...@googlemail.com <mailto:vda.li...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 9:50 PM Sergey Ponomarev <stok...@gmail.com
    <mailto:stok...@gmail.com>> wrote:

     > Nobody sees them, source code is here, resulted DOM can be seen
    in web inspector

    I do look at it in "View page source", and it looks much worse when
    all newlines are removed.