Hello,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 4:01 PM Ron Yorston <r...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> >Hi Ron,
> >
> > what's about the other five?

* busybox-1.33.0_skip-loop-control.patch makes get_free_loop() behave
as if there was no free loop devices (unconditionnaly). It would help
to have some background info here, as it does not seem to fix a bug.

* busybox-1.29.3_root_path.patch adds /usr/local/bin to the list of
default PATH ; the whole value can be configured  by setting
BB_ADDITIONAL_PATH so I'm not sure there is much value here.

* busybox-1.27.1-wget-make-default-timeout-configurable.patch does
exactly what it says it does - it makes the default wget timeout a
configurable value. I agree that the default value of 900 seconds
might be a bit surprising. A value in [30, 120] might have been
better. I'm not sure whether the good thing to do is to make the value
configurable or provide a saner default value (15 minutes? that's a
bit long...). Is there a rationale for this very, very long timeout?

* busybox-1.33.0_modprobe.patch checks whether the module is an ELF
bianry before sending it to the kernel. Since the checks that the
kernel performs are more comprehensive, I don't see much value in
adding a simple check of the ELF header here -- not to mention that
the code is duplicated.

* busybox-1.33.0_tc_depmod.patch : it *seems* that this one solves a
bug but I cannot wrap my head around it. More particularly, I'm
wondering if this is a tinycore thing (having modules hidden behind
symlinks) or if this is a real issue.