Howdy All,

Having acquired a working oscilloscope, now is the time to tune up that
TS-940S. A spectrum analyzer would be useful, but after I win the lottery.

One of the ways that I worked my way through college was as a bench tech. I
have to confess that my vision was much better when I was 19 than at 52. This
really matters when you’re trying to do what you used to do. (I’m good once as
I used to be…)

The problem to be solved is how to see the circuit diagrams in a meaningful way
while at the bench. I have the service manual in PDF. Last night, I discovered
an option called “poster print” in the print dialog. This puppy lets you tell
Acrobat to use multiple sheets of paper and do useful things like put tick
marks on the printouts. So, I fired up the laser printer, got out the razor
blade, cutting board, straightedge and glue stick.

With the diagram on 12 sheets of legal paper glued together, I can now follow
the entire diagram. I could do it on letter just as well.

So, if your eyes are old and you need a schematic printed, remember to poster
print!

73
Bill Crowell, N4HPG
Pearland, TX
n4...@comcast.net <mailto:n4...@comcast.net>
I prefer to live a life of galvanic isolation.