Due to a unforeseen circumstances, Pat Cameron, KJ5Y will not be able to do
his presentation on HF antennas. Hopefully Pat can reschedule in the coming
months.

So for tomorrow's general meeting of the Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club,
we will have a couple of different speakers.

We will have Bruce Paige, KK5DO, speaking on AMSAT. AMSAT or amateur
satellite is also known as Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation is a
worldwide organization that designs, builds, arrange launches for, and then
operates satellite carrying amateur radio payloads including the Oscar
series of satellites. Bruce is a national board of directors member as well
as the director of contests and awards. So come out for Bruce's presentation
about the "amateur repeaters in the sky".

We will also have Bob Hawkins, KD5AT, speaking on a topic near and dear to
his heart - Camp Hope. Bob is the coordinator for the Camp Hope amateur
radio club and will having a special event station this Saturday at the Camp
Hope location - 9724 Derrington Road, Houston, 77064. Camp Hope provides
treatment and support for Wounded Warriors, veterans and their families
suffering from combat related PTSD.

We will also have the famous (or infamous) BVARC raffle so bring plenty of
dollars with you.

Don't forget November will be elections and chili cook off and December will
be Homebrew night.

If you have not heard, the Greater Houston Hamfest will be the state
convention in March 2017. Thanks all the folks working hard on the hamfest!

And if you are interested, here is some info on the next cellular service
type - 5G.

http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2016/jul/15/5g-milestone-reached-ultra-
high-frequency-spectrum-made-available/

Have a good time at the meeting.