The FCC won't need to enforce anything. This will all be driven by the
HOA's who already have people periodically reviewing your property for
violations.

This is a Be Careful what you wish for moment in which some hams maybe able
to get something in the Air, but all will be subject to the HOA
interpretation of the law and you will need to take them to court to get
them to even consider your side of the issue.

My guess is that they will pass a law to save face and after a few court
battles over the next 20 years it might get back to where it was at same
point.

The good new is that I love living in the country even before this was an
issue and I have no use what so ever for any HOA  or the cry babies that
believe they have a need to control what I do on my property in order to
protect their property value. The idiocy of dealing with the HOA, mine of
which has a approved color list for painting that you have to get approval
on before you paint your house. The organizations were setup and controlled
by the developer so he could get the return on his investment and operate
long after that are gone. They operate with the impunity like the Lords of
the land in 18th century Europe. You have very few legal options to deal
with them and they are general nothing but a nuisance organizations that
neglects their responsibilities in the community.

The funny part is that I have family that deal with them and Friends that
run them. There is some insight to how they work. Someone once asked me
"They can't all be bad can they?"  The simple answer is that there is no
such thing as a good WART. There are some that you can live with and other
that need to be removed. The word Good and HOA are only used by those that
get something out of them and that is short lived and they turn back in to
the Psycho enforcers letting you know your trash can was put out 15 minutes
to early and was 15 inches to far off the curb.

I often wonder why they give Hams such a hard time and seem to neglect the
Meth Labs until the blow up.?

The real trick is to join the HOA and run for President. If all the HOA
presidents are HAMs we can control the world. :) That's a great spare the
rood and spoil the lawyer approach we need to take.

Try this.. Go to your next HOA meeting and purpose term limits for all
elected positions. Ask questions like. "Can I see the books. I am really
interested in how you guys have been spending our money? "

or

Discuss how their Proxy voting system works and ask to review the
documentation supporting the outcome of their elections.

or

Bring pictures of the Board members house and point out violations.

or ask

"How long have you two been having an affair and does your wife know about
it?"

Read Alinski's Book "Rules for Radicals" and apply them to your HOA, and
when your done, go join a different one just for fun.
( I know its a Liberal play book, but it is very effective  and get results
fast)

There is a great section in one of his books that talks about the power of
allegations. No need for prof or even suspicion, A well place allegation is
often all that is needed to produce results.

The guilt you will have for destroying some clowns reputation that was
using an HOA to fuel his own personal EGO trip while all the while he
thought he was serving his community, will be out weighed by the
satisfaction of treating the HOA with the same disregard they treat the
people they should be serving. PLUS 59 calls to VK land on your new GX7 -7

I think the ARRL is a lost cause and I know our politicians are. The system
is rigged and our Hobby may end up at the bottom of the swamp that still
needs to be drained.

The bright side is that with no antenna I won't have anything else to fill
my free time out side of hanging out with my new HOA buddies.....

Have Fun,
Jeff
KG5LRP

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Allen Brier N5XZ via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org