to purchase ethanol free gas.  cost me $2.83 a gallon a couple weeks ago.

73...bruce

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Robert Polinski via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

Ron If you can get it to me I can clean it for you. If anyone has a generator
or any seldom used gas engine, if you fill it with trifuel you will not have
long storage problems. You can get trifuel at Home Depot or VP also has fuel
you can get at NAPA or Northern Tool. This has over 2 year shelf life. It’s
expensive ($15 to $20 gal) but your generator or other engine will start right
up. If you use it for a long period, just put regular gas. But when you put it
back to standby service, flush the regular gas out and replace with the can
gas. It will last a lot longer than regular gas with a stabilizer in it. I use
it in both my pressure washer and generator, always start right away enen after
sitting a year. Robert KD5YVQ

From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Jon Livingston kb0mnm
via BVARC
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 3:37 PM
To: BVARC, GMuller885--- <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: jkli...@comcast.net
Subject: [BVARC] Remedies OT - Generator help needed.

I may be a "Possible help" Tuesday afternoon. I am in the process of packing
out to move.
You may wish to consider that 'Sea Foam' and other 'storage' chemicals are
often used to keep gasoline from 'gelling' which can plug the carburetor up.
The other issue is that over long periods of time, the octane ( lightest )
portion of the gasoline tends to evaporate.
Either way, the usual cure is to siphon the tank clean- add starting fluid*,
run briefly to clear the carb and combustion, then refill with clean and fresh
gas.
If someone else does this, you may also want to offer that some crankshafts can
be connected to a drill for less 'armstrong', if need be.
A timing light or other spark indicator is safer than a temporary outside gap.
Automotive stores sometimes have small 'neon light pens' for this.
If stored in a dusty environment, you may also need an air filter- yet this is
seldom the case.
(* I recently used 'Gumout' brand starting fluid to start an engine that had
been overfilled with oil- back into the carb- a pressure washer system- it also
took many turns of the crank ).

Jon L. Livingston
Electronics Technician
17722 Fieldglen Drive Houston, Texas 77084
jkli...@comcast.net

General Radiotelephone license PGGB062294
CET Wireless Communications WCM-R185658
Amateur Radio license KB0MNM
www.linkedin.com/in/jon-livingston