From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Michael Mustachia
via BVARC
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:49 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Michael Mustachia <mmustac...@att.net>
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Hurricane Harvey Rainfall

I have two weather stations. Davis Vantage Pro $459.99 and Davis Vantage Vue
$269.99. I bought them from Scientific Sales Inc. I think they are in New
Jersey. If I am remembering correctly no tax and no freight. They both are
very good. The one think to realize about the rain gauge is very accurate in
a steady rain. I have compared with Channel 2. However in a heavy or blowing
rain the design of all of the gauges will now allow them to keep up with the
actual amount of rainfall or the rate. The collector depends on a sort of
seesaw with cups on each end.

Mike Mustachia
KF5PHA