My JOTA comments......

Hey, Eddie....(KD5 Beer IS)

I have done lots of JOTA's and Radio merit badge classes.  Both in great
propagation times and in poor, such as now.   Especially on the 10 meter
band.

So my suggestions to you are: 1)  to let us know exactly when you will be
on the air and frequency range, so we can be on the lookout.   2) Have a
couple of stations as "ringers".....friends of yours or others that will be
there for the whole period, just in case no others show up.  Hams that have
been thru Cubs and Boy Scouts are preferable, as they know what the Scouts
are doing.

If you can afford it do a colorful certificate for each Cub with the
station call sign, etc.... and in addition buy some JOTA patches for
them....Available thru BSA headquarters.

Have a PTT mike for them to use, but you control it with a foot switch...if
you get me drift.
Have simple scripts written down.
Maps of the USA and the world on display.

You might be able to listen on other bands to other Scouts talking.....that
is cool too.

Put out a tweet about your operation   #JOTA.

There is also the JOTI (Jamboree on the Internet) that runs at the same
time, but I know little about it -- sri.

GL ES 73....Rick W5RH

Rick Hiller
*The Radio Hotel*  -- W5RH