This is a great time for hams who need countries to get on the air and make
some contacts, even if you are not proficient in CW.

You don’t have to officially do the contest. Just get on the air and make a few
contacts. Here is a really easy way to make some CW contacts. (I started with
this method).

Program your rig memory with one button with your call and the second button
with your exchange, 599 4. The 4 is our region in the world for CQ contests.
When you hear someone calling CQ, you have several tries to decode the call
letters. If he is too fast, move on to a slower station. Use a CW decoder if
you have one.

After he finishes calling CQ, send your call. If he responds with your call,
send him your exchange. Voila! You just made a CW contact.

Try it, you might like it! But, most of all - Have Fun! If you need help, get
on the repeaters and ask. Or, e-mail us.

NIZAR K0NM