Nope, I meant pearl....actually Pearl.   You see back in the old West days,
my wife's Great, Great Aunt Pearl was a walking disaster.  Nothing for her
ever went right. She grew up in Muleshoe, if you know where that is.
 Became a teacher at the local 'one room' after 8 years of college at
Borger A&M.  Her students never learned a thing.  Her marriage to Buffalo
Bill Cody was a flop.   Her 7 children all went to prison and she died
under the wheel of a Conestoga Wagon while trying to cross the Canadian
River with her cattle headed to Comstock.   Family legend has it that every
time anyone's troubles got to be more than they could handle, they said
they were "in Pearl".   If they were just in a little trouble they called
it a Mini Pearl.   Deer in the Pan Handle were named after her.  The males
have a strange white growth of hair on their rear ends.  Shaped like an S.
 They call them Pearl S. Bucks. And there was even a song written about her
--  "Won't You Come Home Pearl Baliey (Won't You Come Home).

So, I stand by my original statement of "the Monday Night Net being in
Pearl" (capitalization typo corrected).   And...sure enough it is/was,as I
hear no activity on the 94 machine tonight, of course being just south of
Tomball doesn't help the propagation on 2M.  Maybe my radio is deaf.

FYI -- My wife's Great Aunt is named Opal.  (really)  HI

ps...no ground hogs were injured in the writing of this e-mail

Rick Hiller
*The Radio Hotel*  -- W5RH