The SugarLand campus of the Houston Museum of Natural Science is again
hosting a "Pi day".

They have asked me to provide a demonstration of amateur radio as the
backdrop to the mathematics of Pi.

(last year it was sound waves & music)

I have been working with museum staff to develop a brief talk and some
posters that will tie things together.

We have now been given the "green light " to move forward with planning.

I plan to request the special event call sign in December

The date falls on a Tuesday during spring break  (March 19, 2019).

Based on the last 2 years of event visitors, the museum expects the visitors
to be very young .. K-3rd grade.

Radios will be located in the garden on the "back" side of the museum
building.

This not an ideal location, but is quite workable. (location specified by
the museum.)

I will have my files put on the web page for my club (ofarc.org) under
"Downloads"

Feel free to take a look and provide comments as you feel appropriate.

I will need at least 4 radio operators.

Set up will start at 9am

1st shift Operating at 10am- 12pm

2nd shift operating 12 - 2pm

Take down at 2pm

(I may work portable HF from my truck before and after the event)

If you are interested, please let me know at ke5...@sbcglobal.net
<mailto:ke5...@sbcglobal.net>

NOTE - the museum is required to do a background check on each volunteer

They may be able to wave this If you have a TSA/FEMA/ARES/Transtar badge

I will provide more information on this later.

73

Ralph KE5HDF