Bob, I find your question confusing.  Maybe I don't understand.

Do you mean hooking up your SDR Play as your receiver, and your Kenwood as
a transmitter, working together and automatically switching?  Barry Vanek
bought a switching box to handle that.

Or do you somehow mean plugging the SDR into the Kenwood?  I don't know how
that would work.

John KC9JLE