Here is a Hamfest event that you can participate in that isfun, productive,
sedentary, done at your convenience and you will be doing agood thing.
This is a free service for Hamfest attendees who want to buysome used equipment
from a table vendor (or tailgater) but are reluctantbecause they are not sure
if it works. BVARC sets up tables with various test equipment for testing used
equipment.  Basic tests are performed to see if it isgenerally alive and
generally functional.  These are not comprehensivetests as we neither have the
time, equipment, the expertise nor the space totest to full factory
specifications.  Ourmotto is “We test to 3db above DOA.”  Wejust want to help
the buyer assure himself that the equipment is generally OK,but don’t guarantee
that all functions (some with 99 options on one drop down) arefully functional.

You don't need a PhD in Physics to participate at the table. Depending on your
skill level, there is a complete spectrum of tests that canbe performed and
that need doing which are above and below your skilllevels.  You will find your
slot: You might also learn something.  We also need staffers that don’t do
anytesting but generally assist and generally chat with the attendees.

Here is an interesting story:  5 or 6 years ago, I wascruising the tailgate
section of this Hamfest and saw a piece of equipment thatI was interested in.
We negotiated a price and I asked if I could take itto the Equipment Check
Table.  The guy asked, "Do they have anEquipment Check Table?"  I said "yes."
He immediatelyceased the conversation, secured his goods and drove away.  Was
there amessage there?

The time slots are in 1 hour blocks.  We ask that youtry to assist for a couple
of hours each day (not necessarily consecutive hours) that you are in
attendance but only 1 hour is OK.  Furthermore, during slow times, if (for
example) you want to double check something yousaw, just let others staffing
the table know that you are quickly running overto that vendor to evaluate and
consider it further.  Hopefully youpromptly return with a piece of equipment to
test.  Testing activity comesin fits and spurts.
Please sign up now at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sunqH0IRHJ6R1PBh_3OTZC-QOPeiBzPuTA5biXjeP_E/edit#gid=102312394

If you have further questions, please do not “reply to all” nor via the
reflector.  Instead, please inquire directly to me at k5...@yahoo.com

I hope to see your call letters on the signup sheet soon.

Tnx es 73de John, K5IZO