On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Shawn Walker wrote:
> How to create a folder with single quote ' (0x27)?   I have encoded a folder
> name according to RFC 2060.  The folder example is "Bo$Bn(Bte d'Envoi" which get
> encoded to "Bo&AO4-te d'Envoi" but the Cyrus IMAP server reject the a
> "Invalid name".

That is a valid mailbox name in IMAP, and UW imapd will create a mailbox
with that name.

If Cyrus does not permit it, that is probably a restriction in Cyrus.  A
server is permitted to reject the creation of any mailbox name for any
reason that it deems fit, including not liking single quotes.

Since you asked the c-client mailing list, I assume that you are writing
an IMAP client application using the c-client library and communicating to
a Cyrus server.  To make absolutely certain that my diagnosis is correct,
you should try your program with a UW server.  If you also have a problem
with the UW server and that name, perhaps there is a bug in your
mail_create() call.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc