On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Yiorgos Adamopoulos wrote:
Does anybody have any experiense on such a configuration? iSCSI partitions look like local disks to the OS (or at least this is my understandig) but in truth they reside on another server on the network.

I doubt very much that mbx format will work on any network filesystem, even if the locking problem is solved. The only network filesystem that I know of in which mbx would work was the old TOPS-20 from two decades ago, and only because that filesystem had rigorous token passing on a page to guarantee that updates were atomic across all users of the network filesystem.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.