+1

Khaled

Gareth Reakes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/28/2007 09:56 AM
Please respond to
c-dev@xerces.apache.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED], c-dev@xerces.apache.org
cc

Subject
VOTE on 2.8 release

Hey all,

                 RC1 has been used and tested by a fair number of people
and a few minor
issues came up. These have been fixed and the docs have been updated.
The full list of changes are:

* Documentation updates for 2.8.0

* Change the library extension on PH-UX/IA64 from .sl to .so

* Updated the RPM spec file with support for 64 bit builds and Solaris

* Make packageSources.pl split the archive into -src and -tools

* Add multi-thread options and defines only when building
   a multi-threaded library

* Fix for a regression in regex code

Based on these limited changes I don't think we need an RC2. The website
will also (finally) change to xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/.

Once again I woudl like to thank Boris and all the other people have
helped test.

Here is my +1 for a release that will hopefully happen this Friday.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com