Hi Jesse,

Jesse Pelton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> There have been a number of references to version 2.9 recently, mostly
> in bug reports that Alberto has modified.  Are there plans to do a 2.9
> release?  I thought 2.8 was intended to be the last of the 2.x releases.
> Just curious whether that thinking has changed.

Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 has a number of backwards-incompatible changes that may
require fairly-substantial adjustments to code that uses Xerces-C++ 2-series.
This is especially true for applications that rely on DOM. As a result, there
will most likely be a number of applications that will have to stick with
2-series. If there is demand for the bug-fix-only 2-series release from the
community then we may decide to have 2.9.0.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools
Open source XML data binding for C++:   http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd