[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-1643?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Boris Kolpackov closed XERCESC-1643.
------------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s:     (was: 3.1.0)
                   3.0.1
         Assignee: Boris Kolpackov  (was: David Bertoni)

I tried to reproduce it with DOMLSParser in 3.0.1. I triggered a fatal error 
via an unmatched tag in an XML document and then tried to parse another, valid 
document using the same parser. Everything works as expected. I also looked at 
the parse() functions in AbstractDOMParser and they use RAII to make sure 
parseInProgress is reset even if an exception is thrown. So I am going to 
assume this is fixed. If you believe this bug is still present, please reopen 
and provide a test case.

> DOM Parsers do not cleanup parseInProgress state after fatal exception
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: XERCESC-1643
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-1643
>             Project: Xerces-C++
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: DOM
>    Affects Versions: 2.7.0
>            Reporter: Jason E. Stewart
>            Assignee: Boris Kolpackov
>             Fix For: 3.0.1
>
>
> Both DOM parsers (DOMLSParser, XercesDOMParser) appear to not properly reset 
> their state after a fatal error, and if you attempt to call parse() again, 
> they throw a parse-in-progress exception.
> SAX and SAX2XMLReader appear to handle the cleanup properly.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to