Xerces-C XMLDateTime Validation Issues

It appears that the current code for Xerces-C XMLDateTime
schema validation is good only for positive years.  Many
of the algorithms fail for negative years.

Proposal to overcome the deficiencies and get better utility
of mapping calendar systems is to implement a time continuum
and calendar routines that operate within the continuum.

This will allow the Proleptic Gregorian calendar and ISO 8601
calendars to be fully conformant.

If we choose UT1 to be our universal time standard for XML,
we can ignore the leap-second phenomena of TAI/UTC corrections.
UTC uses TAI clock ticks and is adjusted to be within 0.9
seconds of UT1 by means of leap-seconds.  Any leap-second
issues can be handled with a simple table of leap-seconds.

I may be able to assist here.  I am working with Xalan-C
to provide a full-function set of EXSLT XPath functions.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway