I've completed the comparison in both directions and nothing really new has
popped up as a concern, just the two trunk changes I identified (repeated here
for emphasis):

r1517488 (XERCESC-2016)
r1528170 (XERCESC-2019)

There are a number of fixes to port up to the trunk, at least one needing a
deeper dive because of a reported regression on the branch, but that was in my
queue to do anyway.

And there are a few things that need to be done regardless and the biggest one
[1] should be simpler to do on the trunk anyway. If anybody who knows the DOM
impl could weigh in on what the heck that code in DOMCasts.hpp/cpp was doing
and why, I'd welcome the perspective.

I'll be starting to commit to trunk soon, likely this week, and try and get
some time to review the CMake patch proposal.

-- Scott

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-2088