On 14/06/17 23:29, Roger Leigh wrote:

On 08/06/17 18:05, Cantor, Scott wrote:
I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone had on this topic.  I've
opened a ticket for it here along with an initial testable
implementation for anyone who wanted to try it out:

I'm definitely going to take a look at it for my own projects since we don't have this at present for our native code libraries, but I'll definitely defer to the more long term PMC members on what, if anything, should be done on the ASF side.

Looking at the infra component, it looks like other projects were filing requests here for exactly this, so I've created

This is now enabled; see for example

  https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/commits/trunk

which links to

https://travis-ci.org/apache/xerces-c/builds/243155901?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/xerces-c/build/1.0.1

(at the time of writing).

These builds will be triggered each time a subversion commit is mirrored to github, to test the code on the trunk (or whichever branch was updated).

Regards,
Roger