On 7/6/17, 5:54 PM, "Roger Leigh" <rle...@codelibre.net> wrote:

> Interesting, I'll certainly take a look.  I'm afraid I'm away until next
> Wednesday, so I won't be able to do anything until then.

If you want to check it, this is what I had to use on the autoconf side:

#if defined(__cplusplus) && XERCES_HAVE_CSTDINT
#       include <cstdint>
#elif XERCES_HAVE_STDINT_H
#               if defined(__cplusplus)
#                       define __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
#               endif
#               include <stdint.h>
#endif

Yours drops into the first bit so it didn't ever have to try and depend on
stdint.h, but if you ever had to depend on that, the __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
defintion is required by the C99 standard if you want the limit macros defined
in stdint.h when C++ is used.

Of course, your point about using numeric_limits is probably valid, but I don't
know precisely when/where that might be unsupported.

-- Scott