On 2017-08-30 13:40, Cantor, Scott wrote:
I'm afraid not.  With my testing, I simply ran

   cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" [options] /path/to/xerces

and opened the solution file. Did you use any additional options on the command line? If you could let me know exactly what you ran, I can try
to reproduce and investigate.

We're using this command:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=/MP
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=%ROOT_DIR%%XERCES_DIR%\install32\%MsVCVersion%
..\..

And now that I look at it, I bet it's the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS override. It
must fully replace a default value that it uses internally that's
getting WIN32 defined. I'd bet a few beers that's it. Sorry for the
noise. We'll look into the right way to supplement but not replace the
macros.

It does sound like the override is at fault. If you set with -D they go into the cache, and they won't be modified later on.

Could you possibly try

  set "CXXFLAGS=/MP"

in the shell before running CMake to see if this picks up and appends the options, rather than overriding?

Regards,
Roger