On 01/03/18 03:28, manas mohanty wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have first done CMake for the generation of project files for Visual studio 2012 platform. But I do see there is some issue with the cmake command which is not generating the *Xerces_autoconf_config.hpp and config.h *file.

Please let me know if the below CMake command is proper or I need to change.

>> cmake -G "Visual Studio 11 2012 Win64" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\libs -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=C:\libs C:\xerces-c-3.2.0\src

For the -D options, use ":PATH=c:\libs". The :PATH is needed to tell CMake that you are providing a filepath, so that it gets converted into a normalised path. The source directory is fine without since cmake converts it for you. None of that should affect the header generation though.

The headers are generated in the *build tree*, not the source tree. They can be the same, but if you're building from a different location, that's where they will be placed. This contains the project files as well. If you build in this location, then install, you'll get a working build.

See https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/xerces-c/history for the continuous integration builds which test this. It should work fine. You'll need to walk us through *exactly* what you did, and what the error messages are, because I'm guessing based upon the information you provided what might be wong.

Regards,
Roger