Hi folks,

I don't know how many people are developing with Xerces-C++ and/or Xalan-C++ on Windows and have tried out the new "vcpkg" BSD ports-like package builder/manager from Microsoft, but it supports building "xerces-c" and "xalan-c" packages, and this PR:

  https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/pull/4246

updates it to build with 3.2.1 and also updates "xalan-c" to work with it. If anyone wanted to try it out or look over the changes, that would be really helpful.

One sticking point is that "xalan-c" fails to build in debug mode, and I'm uncertain why.

The other point to mention is the size of the patch set required to build a working xalan-c on contemporary systems. We could really do with a new xalan-c release which includes all these small bugfixes. I would be happy to help here if I could join the project, or for someone else to do the work, but it does need doing by someone.

Regards,
Roger