On 29/04/2019 15:34, Boris Kolpackov wrote:
The vote to migrate the Xerces-C++ repository from SVN to Git has
passed and I would like to discuss the next step.

Sorry for the delay in replying; I've been away on holiday for the last week.

As well as through the Xerces-C++ SVN repository to see what
we've got:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/c/?root=Apache-SVN

Based on that I would suggest that we have the following
repositories:

xerces-cxx.git
xerces-cxx-web.git
xerces-cxx-admin.git

Do we need "-cxx" as a suffix here, or would "-c" be better? xalan-c retained the "-c", and it might be better for continuity to retain the "-c" since this was what xerces-c was traditionally using.

For the first repository I propose the following straightforward
mapping:

heads/master      <-  trunk
heads/xerces-2    <-  branches/xerces-2
heads/xerces-2.8  <-  branches/xerces-2.8
heads/xerces-3.0  <-  branches/xerces-3.0
heads/xerces-3.1  <-  branches/xerces-3.1

This mapping looks perfect to me.

I think we should try to migrate the release tags (the ones
in the Xerces-C_X_Y_Z form). I also wouldn't mind converting
them to the now well-established vX.Y.Z form.

Agreed we should migrate the release tags as a requirement. So long as the tags are present in some form, I have no major preference regarding the naming scheme. Since git supports dots in tag names, I wouldn't be averse to vX.Y.Z, which is a bit more natural.

Roger and everyone else, does this sound reasonable/doable?

Definitely.  Thanks for investigating the possibilities.

Kind regards,
Roger