I have built the latest version of Xerces-C++ 3.2.3 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and would like to translate the loadable message file "XMLErrList_EN_US.Xml" located under "src/xercesc/NLS/EN_US/" into German.

At the top of the XML file are some instructions which don't play well with German:

"(...)  - All messages start with a lower-case letter (except where
   a name is used as the first word) and do not have a period
   at the end."

Leaving a period (AKA "full stop") off of the string's end is OK. But German language uses upper-case initial letters for all nouns, not just words at the beginning of a sentence. Also, since many of the terms should be left in English which refer to XML names, these should be enclosed in single or double quotes since they are not German.

Is this a problem? I don't want to go to the trouble of creating translations for hundreds of strings only to discover that they cannot be used due to the way they are processed after being loaded.

(Or perhaps someone has already done this chore?)