fireplace_tea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Hello Everyone,

I am learning about functions and the book I am reading says that it
is good practice to create function prototypes. My questions are:

Do you really need to create function prototypes? If so, why?

Thanks,
Julie

                             Function prototypes are not required generally.
But it is a good practice, consider u r in a project and the function is used
by all the set of developers , to reduce the confusion among the developers we
should use the prototypes.

  Also c follows a top down approach and in the second line of the program u
have called the function but the definition is in the 10 th line of the program
, then the compiler will display the error message, when u place the
decartation or prototypr in the top of the function means the compiler will
understand the function call.