#1 - ADO is overrated and ties you to a specific platform (Windows).
Look at ODBC instead.

#2 - That's an implementation detail that is left up to you.  However,
storing binary data in a database is, IMO, a bad idea.  You will bloat
the database with unnecessary data making row sizes quite large, have to
use blobs, and you won't be able to script against it.

Why do you need to implement this in C#?  Any time you start fiddling
with databases is, IMO, the time to look at a scripting language as an
option.  You may end up decided to go the compiled route (for
performance reasons), but if it is quick-n-dirty, then a scripting
language is probably a better route - plus you usually get the bonus of
a web app. out of the deal.  Use the right tool for the job.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

*NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1