Hi,

This is my first mail to this group, so hopefully I've come to the correct
place!

I'm currently attempting to build and use Xerces C++ 3.2.0 in my application,
but I'm having an issue where XMLCh is defined as char16_t (not compatible with
wchar_t). From what I've read, I'd actually like XMLCh to be defined as wchat_t
instead. My code will only ever be run on Windows, so no fear of cross platform
incompatibility.

As I understand it, if XMLCh is defined as wchar_t, I won't see any errors in
my own code where the compiler can't convert from XMLCh* to wchar_t* etc.

So my questions are as follows:

1.       Is wchar_t something that is still supported by Xerces C++?

2.       What's the correct way of defining XMLCh as wchar_t instead of
char16_t? I changed the definition of XERCES_XMLCH_T in
Xerces_autoconf_config.hpp, but then not all of the tests compiled. I'm
guessing I need to do something in one of the CMake files?

3.       Are there any real reasons why I shouldn't attempt this?

Many thanks for any help here.

Regards,
Mark