I have a fairly simple hakyll based blog website that I usually build
with cabal sandbox.

Today I tried the new-configure/new-build commands. It built a bunch of
dependencies but the dist/build directory is empty. It doesn't look like
it built the project itself. Subsequent builds are fast as expected. But
I still don't see anything in dist/build directory. Am I missing
something or doing something silly? Not sure if this is the right list
to discuss "user" issues as this is a "devel" list.

I created a new project with `cabal init' and built it with the new
style commands and it produced an executable in the expected place.

The cabal-install/Cabal version I am running is 1.24.0.0 (for both) with
GHC 8.0.1 on Debian GNU/Linux x86-64.

Thanks
--
  Ramakrishnan